WE THINK YOU ARE LOOKING DAMN FINE WITH YOUR NEW STYLE
TO KEEP YOUR HAIR LOOKING AMAZING HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO GET THE BEST OUT OF YOUR HAIR
How you care for your hair following your service at French Revolver Studio can have a dramatic effect on how your hair looks from your last appointment to your next appointment. Follow these tips to ensure that your hair continues to look healthy like when you walked out of the salon.
If you are unsure at all on how to style your hair we offer complimentary sessions following your appointment. If you would like tips on how to blow-dry / straighten your hair and how to look after it at home talk to your stylist next time you are in about "STYLE GUIDE" or book "STYLE GUIDE" online.
(This can not be done on Friday and Saturdays, this is a 15 to 20 min service where we will cover product knowledge and quick style enhancing technique).
PREPARE YOUR HAIR FOR COLOUR
- Avoid washing your hair the day of or right before colouring your hair so that you don’t wash away the natural oils in your hair. The oils will help us to achieve a more even result.
- Be completely honest to us about previous colours you have used, whether in home or in salon, treatments you have used and what heat tools / products you use to style your hair.
- Colour can react and work with hair in different ways and not one colour application is the same.
- Have realistic expectations, it may take more than one go to achieve desired result, each hair type is different.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
HAD A HAIRCUT?
- We offer 15 minute complimentary fringe trims in-between your appointments. Book "fringe trim" online.
- Make sure you pick up a product suitable for your hair type and use the right tools. You can often take a week or so to get used to your new haircut, and this is another reason we offer complimentary styling sessions.
- Use heat protectors even if just you are just using the blowdryer.
- Leave in treatment or cream based products e.g. Sebastian Professional Taming Elixer or Potion 9 are recommended for all hair types to keep hair supple.
- Hairstyles are supported with professional products and may have to be used to reach your desired result.
CARING FOR YOUR COLOURED HAIR
- Shampoo hair less frequently and invest in a dry shampoo for the in-between days.
- After colouring your hair wait 2 days before shampooing.
- Turn down water temperatures when shampooing – water that is too hot leeches dye out of the hair faster.
- Condition every time you shampoo hair.
- Avoid sulfates in your shampoo as salts can strip colour.
- Apply leave in treatments to protect colour treated hair.
- Use heat protection to prevent hair from getting damaged and dry.
- Use colour professional shampoos for vibrant colours.
- Comb conditioner through mid lengths to ends leave in for 3-5mins before rinsing.
- Comb your hair when wet, not brush.
- Gently brush your hair not tug.
- Use shampoo and conditioners that are made for colour treated hair to help retain your colour and alternate with colour specific shampoos that are designed to care and boost for your exact hair colour. HYDRATION is key
- Use shampoos and spray-in conditioners and hair styling products that have added sunscreen or UV filters to protect your colour from being faded by the sun.
- Use a weekly hair treatment or a deep hair conditioner to keep your colour in top condition.
TIPS FOR BLONDE HAIR
- Purchase a purple shampoo to maintain the tone and to remove unwanted yellow tones, but if you like warm tones don't use purple shampoo.
- Use a hydrating shampoo / conditioner / mask & a protein shampoo / conditioner / mask, alternate between these Choosing a shampoo and conditioner: As a blonde, you should be gentle and wash less, whatever that means for your hair type. When it comes to choosing a shampoo and conditioner, look to formulas designed specifically for maintaining and protecting your colour.
- Don’t wash hair for at least 2 – 3 days after a toner, this is to help the toner set in hair.
- To keep the colour from turning brassy make sure your ends don’t get dried out. So if using irons and blowdryers you must use heat protection. Protecting it from heat: Hot tools aren't good for any colour hair, but they're especially threatening to blonde hair. But since you're probably going to style your hair regardless, it's essential to minimise the damage. Depending on your hair type and preference, try a heat protecting cream, spray, or balm to fight damage—and keep colour from fading.
- Find a dry shampoo that works for you to refresh your hair without shampooing - it will help keep the colour vibrant for longer.
- Before going into a pool, wet hair down, if your hair is already soaking before you hop into a pool it won’t soak up the chlorine in the water which is what can turn blonde hair green.
- Get regular trims.
- Blowdry hair on a cooler setting this will do away with some major damage that is caused by hot hair.
- Keeping it hydrated: If you're not a natural blonde it generally means your hair is damaged and dehydrated, or in other words, extremely thirsty. You've got to nourish it daily with a leave in-treatment.
- Do not over wash your hair, maybe two, three times weekly, to retain those natural oils that help condition your coloured hair. When you are not shampooing your hair – try and keep hair dry in the shower (DRYNAMIC is an amazing dry shampoo / styling product to use in-between shampooing).
- If we put a product in your hair in the salon it is normally for a reason that benefits your hair, ask us about it and why it is good for you. Hairstyles need style support to get the best out of your hair.
- Finally, try and commit to colouring your hair regularly. Don’t allow faded colours and obvious roots to ruin your look by colouring your hair once and then leaving it for six months.
OUR FAVOURITE RECOMMEND PRODUCTS
Products to keep your hair looking like you just left the salon
FOR DRY COLOURED HAIR:
HYDRE SHAMPOO / CONDITIONER
PENETRAITT SHAMPOO / CONDITIONER
HYDRATE ME SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER
HYDRATE SHAMPOO / CONDITIONER
LUXE SHAMPOO / CONDITIONER
MIRACLE HAIR TREATMENT